Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Running of the Lambs

Well, I've never drawn a lamb before, as you can probably tell. But the walk to the farm north of here the other day greeted me with joy and hilarity when I saw the lambs running in a circle first in one direction and then another as fast as they could. Who, I wondered, decided when it was time to change direction? I don't know what kind they are. Some are dappled - there are dappled sheep in the pasture as well, obviously their parents who grazed unconcerned during the flurry of activity. Reminded me of parents at the playground sitting on park benches chatting and drinking lattes while their kids run hither and yon. Others are black as night, and it was difficult to make out features and shadows even with good light. It's not as dangerous as the Running of the Bulls in Pamplona, but they were traveling at a great rate of knots. How delightful it is to see youth in a carefree mode. No texting, no computer games, no malls, just RUNNING for the joy of it. Think I'll go run around the block, although at this age it happens slowly. Just remember to keep joy in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment